Wednesday, September 25, 2013

God's Thoughts Toward You


                            "Blogging Again"

What makes one in the midst of writing movie scripts, designing and taping KICKS Club shows, scripting KidWise programs for the next season, all in the midst of taping an all new sitcom season called"Camp NEW", while doing KICKS Creative Arts rehearsals for the next movie production of KICKS Flicks, start up their old blog again? That seemed to be a huge amount of thought-fulls in itself! Well, for me it's the love of writing, the pursuit of the prolific, the expressing of His Spirit as He touches our lives, and sharing the passion to simply move forward in the design and purpose my family and myself are created for. I think of the scripture while I hear the whisper of His voice speaking to me, "I know the plans I have for you, plans to do you good".

The Hebrew word translated as thought in this scripture is the word "machashabah". This word translates not only as 'thought' but also as "invention", "device", and importantly, "plan and purpose".

 "I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." Jeremiah 29:11. 

I love knowing that the Lord has plans of good for me. His purpose and plan for me is "peace" or in the Hebrew, "Shalom". This is an amazing word! If we embrace His heart and what He is saying to us, we will see His goodness and His love manifest in this peace. The Lord is saying to us in the mere definition of the word, that His purpose and plan for us, His invention in our lives, is the Hebrew word meaning;

Completeness, soundness (in body), welfare, safety, health, prosperity, quiet tranquillity, contentment, friendship with others and especially with God in His covenant relationship!

I know His love for me and my family is manifested in His peace. Jesus, "He is our peace", and He has broken down every wall of division, every partition that separates us from the goodness God has planned for us. He has removed anything and everything that would try to keep us from these plans of wholeness. (Ep 2:14)

He is speaking, "I know the plans I have for you to do you good".  I'm listening. He is speaking His completeness, His invention of great things, His love that embraces all that His word promises for us, health, wholeness, prosperity, and His very destiny for our lives. He is speaking His purpose and His plan. Can you hear His voice? He's speaking peace!

'Shalom'
Pastor Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment